Message from Acting Secretary General,
The Vanuatu Citizenship Commission,
Mr Samuel Garae
“Welcome to the beautiful Pacific Nation of Vanuatu. It gives me great pleasure to see our Country provide the opportunity for inward investment through our Honorary Citizenship Program – the “Development Support Program”, which is vital to the continued economic growth of Vanuatu. We hope that as a Vanuatu Citizen you will grow to love this country, its people and its way of life. We are delighted to welcome you to Vanuatu and warmly encourage you to participate in becoming a citizen of our beautiful Country through our Program”
Vanuatu citizenship provides many things to many people, each looking at their own unique reason for taking up our Program.
- Second passport – global freedom and privacy in moving around the world.
- Second home for your family – safe and friendly.
- Tax efficient country – zero tax, making it a great tax haven.
- Corporate set up and Banking – avoidance of high taxes in current place of residence by utilizing the Vanuatu option.
- Remote and private – worried about the world’s pressures and volatility? Then, welcome to paradise – Officially, the 4th “Happiest Place in the World”.
Key benefits of Vanuatu Citizenship
- Visa-free to 125 countries – UK & whole of Europe, Russia, Hong Kong, Singapore.
- The only Citizenship by Investment (CBI) program of its kind in the Asia Pacific Hemisphere.
- Tax-free country (other than the indirect taxes of VAT and Customs).
- International off-shore finance centre since 1972.
- International Banks present – such as ANZ Bank, Bred Bank, BSP (Bank of South Pacific)
- Simple company and bank account formation procedures.
- Stable, peaceful country – does not even have Regular Armed Forces.
- An English/French speaking British Commonwealth Member Country.
- Simple and fast application process – as little as 45 days.
- Simple, transparent pricing structure. Attractively priced – particularly for family applications.
- A stunning tropical island nation – both for tourism and living.
- Low cost real estate – from prime beach front to whole islands for sale.
- Secure, long term land tenure – all land Government owned and leased. Nominal rental rates.
- A country with tremendous economic growth prospects and investment opportunities.
Since the visa requirements of each country are subject to change from time to time, tourists holding Vanuatu passports are required to check the visa requirements of the respective countries prior to departure. Tourists are also required to understand and observe the regulations and restrictions for entering and staying in the respective countries.
Becoming a Vanuatu Citizen
The decision to take a second and dual citizenship is the first step towards becoming a Vanuatu Citizen. Please ensure that you deal directly with an approved Government of Vanuatu DSP Representative and complete the Official Application Form without any advance payment.
There are many Vanuatu Citizenship offers promoted on the internet, some are offering very cheap prices. Ensure that you only deal with an approved representative agent for the DSP program and ensure that you sight an official Government Appointment Letter, which is the only certain way of ensuring your security in applying for Citizenship.
A “pre-approval” stage involving a Vanuatu Government background check on the applicant is required. Once the pre-approval has been received (normally 7-10 days), the full documentation is submitted with full payment. The Citizenship process from here takes between 30 to 60 days to complete, making it one of the fastest processing times in the World.
Once the application is approved, the applicant will be required to present themselves at a Government of Vanuatu Consulate, nominated office or, in Vanuatu itself.
At the Consulate or Government Offices the applicant will participate in the Oath of Allegiance ceremony upon which they will be granted their citizenship and receive their Vanuatu passport.
The applicant will then be entitled to full Vanuatu citizenship benefits and rights, and ensured of visa free travel on their Vanuatu passport to 125 countries.
Citizenship is for life, and is hereditary.
There is no requirement for the citizen to visit Vanuatu.
Vanuatu Citizenship Process
Who can apply for Vanuatu Citizenship?
- Any person with a clean criminal record
- Business person or investor
- Perpetual traveler and offshore maverick
- Stateless Person
- Person renouncing their citizenship
STEP ONE: Applicant (and Spouse where applicable) to submit via our Global DSP Processing a certified true copy of existing passport (cover and bio data page) plus Police Clearance Report, Birth Certificate Copy and Personal Profile. EUR 5,000 fee due at this stage to include Client Account opening & Vanuatu Government Due Diligence.
STEP TWO: Upon written confirmation of no adverse findings by FIU, and therefore “pre-approval” granted, Applicant, under guidance of the DSP Representative completes all documentation and prepares full payment. Payment is made directly to the Skyline Builders Ltd, a Government Approved Agent. FORMS
STEP THREE: Application is submitted to Representative to review pre-submission to the Citizenship Commission which convenes on the last Friday of each month. Application Form must be received 8 days prior to Citizenship Committee meeting.
STEP FOUR: Screening Committee considers the Application one day before the Citizenship Commission meets and makes a recommendation to the Citizenship Commission.
STEP FIVE: After Citizenship Commission approves the Application, an Agreement in Principle (AIP) is issued to the Representative. AIP process is 7 to 14 days.
STEP SIX: The final step is the Applicant taking their Oath. This will be commissioned by the Vanuatu Government’s Commissioner of Oath. In this ceremony the new Citizen receives their Certificate of Vanuatu Citizenship as well as their new Vanuatu Passport.
1. Single Applicant
2. Family Applicant (main applicant spouse and 2 children)
Visa Free/Visa on arrival Countries
- Cape Verde*
- Guinea – Bissau*
- St. Helena
- Czech Republic
- South Ossetia
- United Kingdom
- Hong Kong SAR
- Macao SAR*
- South Korea (Jeju Island only)
- Cook Islands
- Marshall Islands*
- Federated States of Micronesia
- Papua New Guinea*
- Solomon Islands*
- Antigua & Barbuda
- British Virgin Islands
- Cayman Islands
- Costa Rica
- Dominican Republic*
- El Salvador*
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Saint Lucia
- St Vincent and the Grenadines
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Turks and Caicos Islands
*Since the visa requirements of each country are subject to change from time to time, tourists holding Vanuatu passports are required to check the visa requirements of the respective countries prior to departure. Tourists are also required to understand and observe the regulations and restrictions for entering and staying in the respective countries.